Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Guest Post by Weegee

Now that I’ve settled back into my routine in Denver, I’m finally getting around to the guest blogging I was supposed to do when I was back in Portland (May 30 - June 13). It's all a distant memory now, a blur of small bikes and airborne cars, so I'm relying on the photos to jog my memory.

In no particular order:

A visit to the rose garden (or to be precise, the International Rose Test Garden, whatever that means). The whole family (including Anke) together again.





Fun at the local playground. Those trees were made for hide and seek.






Esme miscalculates.





Auden aspires to be like his sister...





...who's developing some impressive biking skills. Most days she manages to get out to train, despite the rain. She’s focusing on switchbacks, climbing hills out of the saddle, braking with both the coaster brake and the hand brakes (pretty critical on account of all the curves and steepish hills she has to negotiate), controlling her skids on the usually wet sidewalk, and blasting through pine cones and puddles. She's always wanting to ride more, so if you visit, be prepared to ride with her. The spare 'Girls World' bike is suitable for ages 9 and up, though I suspect some people (Julie) might have a harder time than I did keeping their knees from hitting their chin.






Wearing his sister's hand-me-downs has done nothing to suppress Auden's Y chromosome. He likes cars. (In particular he likes hucking them at peoples' heads at close range - you've been warned!)






He also likes rocks...





...as does Esme.





He gets kind of (I mean really) crazy, also like Esme.






He's a picky eater, but he likes miso soup...




...and burritos...



...and pizza.




Multnomah Falls.






Beaverton Farmer's Market, where Esme unloaded $5 on that so-called ladybug on her wrist, much to her later regret.



A brief visit to the beach, where we learned a few lessons.




Portland Zoo.




And finally, Esme's new house. Luckily there's a much larger guest house on the same lot where everyone else can stay.




Many thanks to Esme for letting me use her room while I was visiting. See you all again soon!

1 comment:

  1. boy do i miss the rain now. and anke. oh, and all of you as well.

    ReplyDelete