Sunday, April 15, 2012

New Office


Today is a very exciting day for me. Well, actually tomorrow. On Monday our corporate offices move from Salem to Lake Oswego. I've been making an hour-long one-way commute to Salem every day (with a colleague) in pouring rain and semi-truck backsplash.

Salem is a rather dismal place (besides the Capitol there isn't much there). The office was located in an industrial park in a building which can only be described as strange. There were windows and marble tile everywhere, but apparently no insulation, so it was either freezing hot or very cold. When they showed me my office, they also gave me a space heater. When I asked for some office chairs they brought me purple patio furniture (no joke). My phone never worked. 

Needless to say, we're "moving on up" to Lake Oswego. The building is in one of the nicest areas of town. All new furniture. Heat AND cooling. Brand new furniture and VOIP phones. A Starbucks and fitness center across the street. 

The best part. It's about 10 minutes from our apartment in West Linn and only 3 from our new house. I am looking forward to being able to spend more time with Audgie & Edgie in the mornings, taking Esme to school, and going home for lunch.

So far I have no regrets about this decision. It's only getting better. 


No comments:

Post a Comment